Yet Another End of Year Round-Up
Hi again… I am a little sad I stopped updating but a little amused that my last post I even talked about how I was bad at updating, ha!
Truth is I’ve been very busy at school. It’s been a wonderful semester, but incredibly hectic. So, I have no idea how often I really be posting after my holiday break is done. I did just get a remote shutter release for my camera, so hopefully that can help facilitate some more photos!
So anyway, I’ve been trying to write this year end round up, but it keeps getting too long. So I’m going to narrow it down to my top 5 favorite products from the year.
- Neutrogena Combination Skin Moisturizer ($10). I started using this moisturizer after running out of regular Burt’s Bees moisturizer. I was starting to feel unhappy with how greasy my skin felt in the mornings, and also wasn’t looking forward to shelling out another $14 for a tiny little bottle. I’ve been really impressed with the Neutrogena moisturizer, it hydrates my skin without making it greasy, and it’s much cheaper than the Burt’s Bees lotion.
- Pantene Sheer Volume Shampoo & Conditioner ($4). I’ve been using Garnier Fructis for a couple years, but recently when I tried a hydrating shampoo and conditioner from them my hair totally freaked out. It was gross, greasy, and weighed down while somehow also being staticky! I decided on a whim to give the Pantene Sheer Volume a try and I absolutely love it. The shampoo is very viscous and I only need a tiny amount to lather up. My hair air dries very quickly now and has a nice fluff to it without any other styling products or heat applied.
- Gelous Nail Gel ($6). This is the holy grail for home manicures. Used sparingly it dries quickly into a strong base for nail polish to cling to. I also noticed my nails didn’t feel dried out and brittle when I did finally remove my polish. There’s not much more I can say – this stuff is great!
- Burt’s Bee’s Lip Shimmer ($5). I picked this up in Apricot and it’s been my go-to lip product ever since. I’ve yet to find a good every day lipstick that doesn’t end up feeling dried out and gross on my lips, and I’ve never been a big fan of glosses. The Burt’s Bees lip shimmer goes on creamy and minty with a nice pop of color.
- Naked Basics Palette ($29). Last but certainly not least, my absolute favorite product I started using this year. The Naked Basic’s Palette from Urban Decay has become a staple in many a person’s makeup bag, and with good reason. The palette provides easy day to night looks that are flattery for pretty much every skin tone. If you haven’t yet gotten this palette, you absolutely should!